The High Court of Allahabad was established by a Royal Charter as the High Court of Judicature for the North Western Province on 17th March 1866 and was seated at Agra. At that time, it was comprised of the First Chief Justice- Sir Walter Morgan and five other Judges Alexander Ross, William Edwards, William Roberts, Francis Boyle Parson and Charles Arthur Turner. The High Court had its first sitting on 18.06.1866 at Agra. Thereafter, it was shifted to Allahabad in the year 1869 in the building on Queen’s Road now Sarojini Naidu Road. The building in which the High Court, Allahabad is Seated at present was designed by the famous architect Frank Lishman. Its foundation stone was laid by Sir John Stanley KC., the then Chief Justice on 18.03.1911. The main building with dome shaped pedimented center, engrailed arches, stone balustrades and arcaded wings is a marvelous synthesis of western and eastern architectural styles. The construction of the building was completed on 27.11.1916 and the building was inaugurated by Lord Chemsford, Viceroy & Governor General Of India.
13-03-2016: Allahabad High Court A commemorative postage stamp
20 in stock
SKU: INDS09000782313016 Category: Stamps
|Dimensions||1 × 1.1 × 0.9 mm|
Allahabad High Court
|Number of Stamps||
|Country of Origin||
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.