The building in which the Lucknow Bench of High Court is located was designed by Mr.W.G. Wood, Executive Engineer. Its construction began in the year 1900 during the administration of Sir A.P.Macdonnel the erstwhile Lt. Governor of United Province of Agra and Oudh. The building incorporates the best of rajasthani and Mughal architecture with domes and pillars. The High Court of Allahabad was established by a Royal Charter as the High Court of Judicature for the North Western Province on 17th March 1866 and was seated at Agra. At that time, it was comprised of the First Chief Justice- Sir Walter Morgan and five other Judges Alexander Ross, William Edwards, William Roberts, Francis Boyle Parson and Charles Arthur Turner. The High Court had its first sitting on 18.06.1866 at Agra. Thereafter, it was shifted to Allahabad in the year 1869 in the building on Queen’s Road now Sarojini Naidu Road. The construction of the building was completed on 27.11.1916 and the building was inaugurated by Lord Chemsford, Viceroy & Governor General Of India.
13-03-2016: Allahabad High Court- Lucknow Bench A commemorative postage stamp
20 in stock
SKU: INDS09000782313017 Category: Stamps
|Dimensions||1 × 1.1 × 0.9 mm|
Allahabad High Court- Lucknow Bench
|Number of Stamps||
|Country of Origin||
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.