Before 1922-1947, the 14th Punjab regiment was a Regiment of the British India Army that was transferred to the Pakistani Army upon independence in 1947. The 14th Punjab Regiment was formed in 1922 by merging the 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, and 24th Punjabis and 40th Pathans. During the First World War, the battalions of the 14th Punjab Regiment served in all the major wars. From 1921-1922 the British Indian Army led to the formation of large infantry groups of four to six battalions. Among these was the 14th Punjab Regiment. The 14th Punjab regiment of uniforms was scarlet with green facings. In 1923 the First Battalion was among the first Indian Army. So if you want to know more about Indian stamps and Miniature Sheets, visit our website Philacy.
21-07-2008: 250th Anniversary of 14 Battalion (Nabha Akal) of Punjab Regiment Stamp
After independence in 1947, the 14th Punjab Regiment was allotted to the Pakistan Army. At that time the battalions were 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th which were transferred to the Indian Army, and the regiment’s new composition was fixed as Punjabis and Pathans. The 14th Punjab Regiment was together with the 1st, 15th, and 16th Punjab Regiments to form a large Regiment. Then in 1951 four known battalions from the before princely states of Punjab joined the regiment. When in 1952 the Parachute Regiment was Again and a regimental center was formed the First Battalion Second Punjab Regiment became the First Battalion of the Parachute Regiment. The Extras Battalion has been founded in 1963.