An American millionaire daughter and a family friend of Lady Curzon and a family friend of Lord Curzon, donated £ 30,000 during her visit to India. That liberal contribution played an important role in laying the foundation stone of the Agricultural Research Institute on 1 April 1905. On January 15, 1934, the Bihar Institute faced significant damage from the earthquake. Subsequently, on August 25, 1934, the Permanent Finance Committee of the Union Assembly declared an allocation of 3.8 million (equivalent to US $ 48,000) for the establishment of a new institute in New Delhi. To know more about Indian Agricultural Research Institute postage Stamp and miniature Sheet then visit here Philacy.com
30-03-2006: 100 Years of Indian Agricultural Research Institute Postage Stamp
Indian Agricultural Research Institute also known as Pusa Institute functions as a research, education and extension institute. Originally located in Bihar, the Pusa Institute was in 1911 as the Imperial Institute of Agriculture Research. In 1936, it was transferred to Delhi and currently funded and administered by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). The Indian Postal Department issued a postage stamp on the completion of 100 years of Indian Agricultural Research Institute. Established in Pusa, Bihar in 1905, the institute received a financial assistant from American philanthropist Henry Fips, Junior.